Consumer / Denied Boarding
- you volunteer to give up your ticket; or
- there aren’t enough volunteers to meet the airline’s circumstances.
Only if there are no volunteers to give up their ticket, can an airline deny you from boarding against your preference.
- meals, phone calls and internet access;
- accommodation and transport (where reasonable); and
- the choice between a full refund or a replacement flight.
The Consumer Protection Code’s First Schedule contains further details on the compensation you are entitled to.