The Malaysian Aviation Commission (MAVCOM) was formally established on 1 March 2016 under the Malaysian Aviation Commission Act 2015 to regulate economic and commercial matters related to civil aviation in Malaysia. Our goal is to promote a commercially viable, consumer-oriented and resilient civil aviation industry which supports the nation’s economic growth.
Read more for a better understanding of the roles of MAVCOM, Ministry of Transport Malaysia (MoT) and Department of Civil Aviation (DCA).
Did you know?
What exactly are your rights as a consumer and what do you do if you face a problem with your airline or airport? Learn more about the Malaysian Aviation Consumer Protection Code 2016 that outlines your basic rights as a consumer of aviation services.
- 27 Jan, 2017Issuance of an Air Service Permit (“ASP”) to Hornbill Skyways Sdn. Bhd.
- 27 Jan, 2017Issuance of an Air Service Permit (“ASP”) to Afjets Sdn. Bhd.
- 27 Jan, 2017Issuance of an Air Service Permit (“ASP”) to Aerial Power Lines Sdn. Bhd.
- 10 Jan, 2017Grant of Air Traffic Rights to Malindo Air for services between Penang and Haikou
- 9 Jan, 2017Suasa Airlines pleaded guilty following investigation by the Malaysian Aviation Commission