Industry / Competition / Guidelines
Section 65 of the Malaysian Aviation Commission Act 2015 provides MAVCOM with the power to issue and publish guidelines as may be expedient or necessary for the better carrying out of the provisions of Part VII (Competition) of the Act.
Guidelines that have been issued and published by MAVCOM are:
- Guidelines on Aviation Service Market Definition
- Guidelines on Anti-Competitive Agreements
- Guidelines on Abuse of Dominant Position
- Guidelines on Substantive Assessment of Mergers
- Guidelines on Notification and Application Procedure for an Anticipated Merger or a Merger
These Guidelines are explanatory in nature, and supplement Part VII (Competition) of the Malaysian Aviation Commission Act 2015. The considerations or factors to be considered by MAVCOM in implementing Part VII (Competition) of the Act as provided in the Guidelines are not exhaustive, and the examples are for illustrative purposes only. These Guidelines are living documents, and MAVCOM will be revising the Guidelines from time to time.
At present, MAVCOM is also in the process of developing other guidelines. The draft guidelines will be published by MAVCOM on its website and open for public consultation for a period specified by MAVCOM.