Select Page
Newsroom / Announcements / Air Traffic Rights Bulletin (July 2020)

Air Traffic Rights Bulletin (July 2020)

3 Aug 2020

This bulletin shows the Air Traffic Rights (ATRs) issued by MAVCOM for the month of July 2020 as well as the Air Traffic Rights that are available / returned / expired:

Air Traffic Rights Awarded

No.AwardedCompanyCommencement Date
1KUL-NRT-TPE-KUL v.v./ 1x weekly MABKargoJul-20
2KUL-RGN-BKK-KUL v.v./ 1x weeklyMABKargoJul-20
Cumulative Totals for Reference:

No. of ATRs Awarded for the month of January – July 2020

AirlineDomestic & International ATR awardedFailed to operate within 6 monthsApplication withdrawn after granted
AirAsia6150
AirAsia X520
Firefly010
Malaysia Airlines*950
Malindo Air7130
Raya Airways110
MyJet Xpress100
TOTAL29370
Note * : Including MABkargo

In addition, please refer to the latest status of the allocation of limited air traffic rights for Malaysia to the relevant countries as of 3 Aug 2020.

MEASURES TO EASE CHALLENGES FACED BY THE AIRLINES

The Malaysian Aviation Commission (MAVCOM) recognises the difficulties faced by the airlines due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. As the economic regulator for the civil aviation industry, MAVCOM strives to assist the airlines in their gradual preparations to resume full services.

Therefore, to ease airlines’ administrative and regulatory challenges, paragraph 6 of the conditions attached to all valid traffic rights (“Condition 6”) is removed effective 5 June 2020 until further notice. Condition 6 states that, “The airline shall commence its operations and utilise all of the air traffic rights issued to it within six months from the date of the grant of the approval to operate the air traffic rights as detailed in this letter. An air traffic right or the capacity of an air traffic right which has not been utilised by the airline upon expiry of the stipulated period shall be deemed revoked with immediate effect”.

Please note that this removal will not apply to air traffic rights that have already been deemed expired and automatically revoked, as well as for routes in which airlines have wilfully terminated on their own accord. The other remaining conditions attached to the air traffic rights remain valid.

Any further variation to the conditions attached to the air traffic rights, which may include the reinstatement of Condition 6, will be communicated to the airlines accordingly.

Adam Ahmad Abdullah

Economics, Senior Manager

• Adam possesses 12 years of experience in equity analysis, economics research, financial modelling and forecasting.
  • Having acquired his first class degree from the Imperial College, London, in Applied Business Management, he is a member of a task force that developed master plans for an asset management division of a large mutual trust fund in Malaysia and for the fund as a whole.
  • Adam has also published multiple bi-annual reports on the outlook of the Malaysian civil aviation sector.

Adeline Ong May Lin

Communications, Associate Director

• Adeline is a communications specialist with over 25 years of experience in media and public relations. She currently heads the Communications team at MAVCOM, where she originates and implements positioning strategies for the Commission and manages the Commission’s media and stakeholder relation initiatives.
  • Prior to her current position at the Commission, she was with Citibank Malaysia, where her last position there was as Vice President for the Corporate Affairs department, where she was responsible for handling Corporate Citizenship and Media Relations.
  • Adeline has experience in setting up the media division in three organisations she previously worked with, where she provided strategic direction and ensured streamlining of messages for communication and investor materials. She also has had regional exposure – both in the private and public sectors.
  • She is also a former writer at the Business Times and The Edge Financial Weekly, while also having international exposure as a freelance writer based in Spain. Adeline has won many awards including the British High Commission’s Chevening Award, Italian Foreign Ministry’s scholarship for the study of the Italian language, and Rotary International’s Group Study Exchange to South Africa.

Aiman Izuan Othaman

Consumer Affairs, Associate

• Aiman was previously an Assistant Lecturer at Management and Science University (MSU). Prior to becoming a lecturer, he was also a substitute teacher at a school for Orang Asli.
  • Prior to teaching, he was awarded as Best Student for all of the Degree Programmes enlisted under the School of Education and Social Sciences at MSU. Aiman holds a Diploma in Education (TESL) and a Bachelor’s Degree in Education (TESL) with Honours from the same university.
  • A natural leader, he was appointed President of the TESL club from 2016-2017, even chosen as Director of the KL Hop-On Hop-Off project for the club.

Aiman is a MAVCOM Alumni who was employed at the Commission until June 2020.

Ashvinder Singh

Economics, Associate

• Ashvinder specialises in Economics at MAVCOM and was a former risk analyst at PETRONAS.
  • He achieved his Undergraduate Degree in Economics and Finance from the University of Nottingham (Malaysia Campus) as well as a Postgraduate Degree in Political Science and Political Economy from the London School of Economics.
  • He was awarded a distinction for his Masters’ dissertation on democracy and trade liberalisation in the world between 1974 and 2014.

Ashvinder is a MAVCOM Alumni who was employed at the Commission until August 2020.

Ashween Raj KV Mohan Raja

Finance, Corporate Services, Associate

• Ashween graduated with a Bachelor’s in Accounting (Hons.) from the University Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN) and is currently undergoing the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualifications.
  • Ashween has experience in developing and enhancing end-to-end Standard Operating Procedures, as he successfully implemented the Regulatory Services Charge (RSC) to generate income for MAVCOM and helped set-up the overall Finance functions for the Commission. He is also in charge of the management of monthly financial reporting, accounts receivables, accounts payables and procurement.

Ch’ng Dao Zhen

Aviation Development, Associate

• Ch’ng possesses regulatory experience in both capital markets and the aviation industry.
  • Having graduated with a major in Economics and succeeded all levels of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) examinations, Ch’ng contributed towards the development of Malaysia’s first regulated airport charges framework. In addition, he successfully lobbied for the inclusion of key venture capital initiatives in the national Budget.

Elena Abdul Rahim

Corporate Services, Executive Secretary

• Elena acquires 16 years of experience in the corporate secretarial field, mainly serving Senior Management and is able to plan senior management’s schedules meticulously.
  • Elena is highly experienced in handling sensitive and confidential matters and is highly efficient in performing overall office administrative work, adaptable and excelling in performing various job streams from end-to-end.

Fariz Zulfa Mohd Mustafa

Communications, Associate

• Fariz has five years of experience in the public relations and corporate communications field, with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. He was previously a public relations and corporate communications specialist attached to DRB-HICOM, Telekom Malaysia and Perbadanan Usahawan Nasional Berhad (PUNB).
  • Fariz has a strong media and communication professional background and graduated from New York University (NYU) with a Master of Science (M.S.) focused in Public Relations and Corporate Communications and with First Class Honor’s.
  • Fariz has lived abroad for 12 years, studying in various international schools in Paris, Dubai, Tokyo and New York.

Fazlin Hassan Naziri

Economics, Manager

• Fazlin has 13 years of technical and commercial experience across industries such as utilities, telecommunications, and aviation. She led several projects which provided specialist economic input to the Ministry of Transport Malaysia (MoT) on airfare pricing and connectivity in Malaysia.
  • Fazlin graduated from Imperial College London in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

Hana S. Harun

East Malaysia Office, Manager

• Hana has ten years of experience in the tourism industry with the Sabah Tourism Board and four years in Borneo conservation with the World Wide Fund (WWF) Malaysia.
  • She graduated with a MHSc. in Communications (Public Relations) from the International Islamic University Malaysia and possesses a BSc in Communications (Advertising) from the University of New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America.
  • Some of her notable achievements include the Heart of Borneo initiative which was signed by Governments of Brunei, Indonesia and Malaysia. She led the team involved in the digitisation of marketing and communications for Sabah’s tourism industry. Aside from that, Hana conducted advocacy work for the East Malaysian aviation industry where she was involved in regulatory affairs. In MAVCOM, she is also a part of the team which oversees the Airports Quality of Service Framework, as well as the administration of the Rural Air Services for the communities in Sabah and Sarawak.

Nur Hazira Md Alimuddin

Human Capital Management, Corporate Services, Associate

• Hazira is responsible for administering compensation and benefit plans, payroll and employee records, and to assist in overall administration and operational Human Resources processes within MAVCOM.
  • Hazira holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from University of Malaya and was awarded the Best Overall Cadet Officer Award for the University of Malaya’s Reserve Officer Training Unit (ROTU) Navy in 2016.
  • She was also commissioned as Acting Sub-Lieutenant of the Royal Malaysian Naval Volunteer Reserve (RMNVR) by His Royal Highness, the Sultan of Perak, Sultan Nazrin Shah, representing the Yang di-Pertuan Agong at the 35th Royal Commissioning Ceremony of the ROTU Cadet Officers in 2016.

Hazman Hafiz

Economics, Associate

• Hazman holds five years of working experience in the aviation and financial industry. He first started his career teaching for two years at a rural school in Malaysia.
  • Hazman has a bachelor’s degree in engineering (first-class honours) from the University of Malaya in 2012. He also holds a Post-Graduate Diploma in education from Northern University of Malaysia in 2014 and a Diploma in Civil Aviation management from the International Air Transport Association (IATA) which he received in 2019.
  • In 2013, he became a Teach for Malaysia Fellow in and is a Public Service Department Scholar.

Abdul Kadir Mohamed Abd Salam

Finance, Corporate Services, Associate Director

• Kadir was part of the pioneer team involved in the establishment of MAVCOM in 2016, in terms of setting up the operational infrastructure, obtaining launching grant and developing internal policies and procedures.
  • He oversees the overall financial management and financial reporting of MAVCOM, including successful implementation of Regulatory Service Charge (RSC) as main source of income for the Commission. Kadir also prepares and reviews the annual business plan, budget and corporate KPI for MAVCOM.
  • Previously, Kadir handled management reporting and performance analysis at CIMB Group and financial audit and advisory services at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Malaysia.
  • Kadir is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) and possesses a BA in Accounting and Financial Management from the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom.

Karen Leiking

East Malaysia Office, Senior Manager

• With 24 years of experience in the airline and tourism industry, Karen was heavily involved in the team managing crises at Malaysia Airlines, where she was responsible for producing the log for the Malaysia Airlines Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) during the unprecedented tragedies of MH370 and MH17. During her time in Malaysia Airlines, she was also appointed as Project Manager for the aircraft Entry into Service (EIS) operational readiness programme.
  • Her extensive experience placed her in a secondment programme as Project Lead in the Restructuring Management Office (RMO) for Malaysia Airlines. She also project managed the implementation of various initiatives supporting the Business Turnaround Plan and Business Transformation Plan during her involvement at the Turnaround Management Office (TMO) for the company.
  • Karen’s professional network extends travel industry stakeholders, as she spearheaded various community related engagements with Community Leaders in Sabah and Sarawak pertaining to the Rural Air Services (RAS) programme. She also successfully coordinated Sabah’s marketing activities and participation at various international travel trade shows and exhibitions – mainly at the two of the world’s largest travel fairs, which are the International Tourismo Borse (ITB) in Berlin and the World Travel Market (WTM) in London, United Kingdom.
  • Karen possesses a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) in the field of Travel Industry Management from the Hawaii Pacific University.

Melati Abdul Hamid

Economics, Senior Manager

• In MAVCOM, Melati focuses on competition law and economics, international air services agreements negotiation, as well as legal and policy research. She led a comprehensive review of the Rural Air Services subsidy mechanism with the objective of delivering public service obligations in Sabah and Sarawak in the most efficient and effective manner.
  • Prior to joining MAVCOM, Melati had more than eight years of experience in the Attorney General’s Chambers of Malaysia, handling matters relating to public international law, free trade agreements and bilateral investment treaties negotiations, domestic and international dispute settlement, constitutional law, competition law and criminal justice.
  • Melati graduated from the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) in Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours in 2006. She subsequently graduated from Harvard Law School obtaining a Master of Laws in 2007. She later acquired her postgraduate Diploma in Economics for Competition Law in 2019 from King’s College London. Melati is admitted to practice law in the State of New York since 2010.
  • Melati has obtained prestigious awards throughout her career. In 2014, she was presented with a Pingat Perkhidmatan Cemerlang by the Prime Minister’s Department of Malaysia. In 2009, 2010 and 2013, she received the Anugerah Perkhidmatan Cemerlang from the Attorney General’s Chambers of Malaysia. She obtained the Fulbright scholarship from 2006 to 2007 as well as the IIUM Gold Award for Comprehensive Excellence in 2006. Melati was awarded as Best Oralist in the Championship Round of the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition in Washington D.C., United States of America, in 2005.

Intan Nadia Jalil

Economics, Associate Director

• Nadia spearheaded a two-year project to develop the first Economic Master Plan for the Malaysian Civil Aviation Sector for the Malaysian Ministry of Transport (MoT). The Master Plan provides strategic direction for the regulation and economic development of the Malaysian aviation sector.
  • Nadia participated in international fora such as the membership of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) Working Groups, responsible for updating the Organisation’s Air Navigation Services Economics Manual, and the Policies on Charges for Airports and Air Navigation Services. She was also involved in the Zico Advisory inaugural ASEAN 40 Under 40 (2018) – in recognition for “commendable work as a leading young policy economist in Malaysia.”
  • As World Bank Malaysian Economist from 2012 to 2014, Nadia co-authored the Malaysia Economic Monitor, a biannual publication examining recent economic developments and outlook, as well as analysing long-term structural themes. She presented analysis and briefings on the Malaysian economy to World Bank senior management and clients, including the Chief Economist and Managing Director to the World Bank.
  • Nadia holds a Master’s Degree in Regional and Urban Policy Studies from the London School of Economics and Political Science in 2010, a BA in Economics from the University of Cambridge in 2003, and a Diploma in Civil Aviation Management from International Air Transport Association (IATA) in 2018.

Nadia is a MAVCOM Alumni who was employed at the Commission until March 2020.

Nafisah Abdul Nasir

Aviation Development, Manager

• Nafisah is skilled in ensuring operational plans are well executed and possesses over 15 years of experience in commercial aviation operations, particularly in areas of schedule and network planning, as well as flight landing permit processes.
  • She has in depth working knowledge of market intelligence and analysis tools such as the PC Airflite system by SABRE (scheduling tools) and AirportIS by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
  • Nafisah possesses a BBA (Hons.) in Finance from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam, an Investment Analysis Diploma from UiTM, Johor, and an Aviation Management Diploma from the IATA Training Centre.

Rosida Ismail

Aviation Development, Senior Manager

• Rosida has over 14 years of extensive experience in expediting a wide spectrum of public affairs strategies, policy formulation as well as governments and functions for stakeholder engagement. She specialises in securing buy-ins from the executive and legislative branch, aviation-related regulators as well as top-level decision makers, coupled with exceptional negotiations skills and project management acumen. Known also for her extensive public speaking experience, Rosida possesses a vast professional network with global diplomatic corps, civil aviation regulators, industry players as well as Ministers and legislative makers.
  • Rosida graduated with a BSc. in Science from the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. She obtained her Post Degree Diploma in Public Management from the National Institute of Public Administration (INTAN), and graduated with a MSc. in Air Transport Management from Cranfield University, London, United Kingdom.
  • Rosida has been awarded the Dean’s List by University Malaya in 2006, the Anugerah Perkhidmatan Cemerlang (Excellence Award) by the Ministry of Transport (MoT) in 2008, and the Hadiah Latihan Persekutuan (Scholarship) by the Malaysian Government in 2011 and 2012.
  • She has published numerous journals which include “The South China Sea: The Struggle for Power – a Book Review – Journal for Diplomacy and Foreign Relations, Kuala Lumpur (2015)”, “ASEAN Open Skies – Aviation Development in 2015: Blue of Cloudy Skies? – Annals of Air and Space Law: Vol XL (2015), McGill University (2016)”, “Collaborating to open the skies with China – challenges and opportunities – European Journal of Comparative Law and Governance (2017)”, and “The skies the limit! Open skies with limitation – European Journal of Comparative Law and Governance, Vol 4, Issue 1 (2017)”.

Saiful Bakhtiar Osman

Information and Communications Technology, Corporate Services, Manager

• Saiful has more than 19 years of experience in IT Security, data centre management, servers and network, project management, application development, IT standards and best practices.
  • He is a certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), and ITIL Certified Practitioner (v2 and v3). In Project Management, he is a Certified PRINCE2 Project Manager and a Certified SCRUM Master (Agile project management methodology). Saiful is also a Certified ‘Graduate Technologist’ under Malaysia Board of Technologists [Act 768] and a Registered Member of the National ICT Association (PIKOM).
  • Saiful has been involved in various fora including being a panelist for ISACA’s “Cybersecurity, IT Assurance & Governance (CIAG)” forum in 2019. In 2018, he became a panellist at the “CIO Summit Asia-Malaysia 2018” organised by Dot Connector in Shanghai, a speaker at IDC’s “Business Innovation Forum” and at IDC’s “CIO Summit 2018”. In 2017, he was appointed as moderator at IDC’s “CIO Summit 2017” and at CIO Asia’s “CIO Conference 2017”.
  • Saiful holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (Hons.) and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM). In 2019, he was awarded the prestigious International Data Group’s (IDG) Top 50 CIOs for ASEAN award and the ‘Information Visionary’ Award for the FlySmart Complaints Management System (CMS) at IDC’s Digital Transformation Summit.

Sarah Izzati Seeni Mohamed

Aviation Development, Associate

• Sarah possesses a Masters in Business Administration (Finance) from Multimedia University and a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) from University of Auckland.
  • She has five years’ experience as an Administrative and Diplomatic Officer in several Ministries including the Public Private Partnership Unit of the Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Trade and Industry, and the Ministry of Transport Malaysia.
  • Her core competencies include regulatory and government relations, aero-political, public affairs, policies formulation, contract negotiation and stakeholder management.
  • Sarah helped develop the first electronic landing permit application system for all flights entering Malaysia’s airspace as well as operating to/from all airports in Malaysia to streamline landing permit processes across several relevant industry bodies.

Mohamed Sathik Ali Mohd Meera

Aviation Development, Manager

• Sathik specialises in aviation and regulatory affairs, having over 19 years of in-depth experience across commercial aviation, airline operations, quality assurance and regulation.
  • He led the development of Malaysia’s first e-licensing and monitoring portal on a salesforce.com platform for the local aviation industry over six months and within budget.
  • Sathik also conducted quality assurance checks on airline operations and processes as well as recommend systemic process improvements.
  • He has experience in performing economic evaluations for the issuance of commercial licences and Air Traffic Rights for aviation service providers in Malaysia and achieved a KPI of less than 90 days processing in 2019.
  • Sathik graduated from the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM).

Leong Chuo Sheng

Aviation Development, Manager

• A part of the Aviation Development division, Sheng oversaw Air Traffic Rights, Filing of Services, Economic Licencing and Public Service Obligations. He was also attached to the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (AAPA) and Korean Air as an Industry Affairs specialist and as a Passenger Marketing officer respectively.
  • Sheng has also published a paper entitled, “Attitudes and Behaviours as Explanatory Variables to Airport Leakage” and presented it at the 2nd Annual Education and Research Symposium – Aviation Industry Association of New Zealand, from 28 to 29 July 2010.
  • Sheng is currently undergoing his Master of Sciences (MSc) in Air Transport Management at Cranfield University, United Kingdom. Previously, he graduated from Massey University in Palmerston North, New Zealand, acquiring a Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management (Hons.) in Aviation Management with First Class Honours.

Sitti Nadhirah Md Rusli

Economics, Associate

• Before joining MAVCOM, Nadhirah was a Research Assistant for the Business and Economics Division at the Malaysia Competition Commission, and prior to that, she was an intern at the Khazanah Research Institute. She was also a Shell Malaysia scholar, a scholarship programme which provided a unique entrance into the energy industry and allowed Nadhirah to pursue her educational aspirations.
  • Nadhirah holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics (Hons.) from the International Islamic University Malaysia, and possesses a Master’s Degree in Economics with Distinction from the University of Malaya.

Nadhirah is a MAVCOM Alumni who is employed at the Commission until July 2020.

Sugumari Pakerysamy

Consumer Affairs, Associate

• Sugumari possesses a Bachelor of Laws from the University of London.
  • She specialises in areas of complaints management and resolution, quality assurance, as well as root cause analysis.
  • In MAVCOM, she is a part of the consumer affairs team which assists in complaints resolution at an average of 95 per cent closure of cases on a monthly basis.
  • Sugumari has actively participated in all consumer awareness campaigns for MAVCOM’s consumer sub-brand, FlySmart, to raise awareness on air travel rights.

Suhunaraj Shanmugam

Consumer Affairs, Senior Manager

• Suhu is an experienced legal officer with 15 years of experience in industries ranging from aviation, financial services and the oil and gas industry. He has held major positions of responsibilities such as regional legal counsel for Middle East, Africa, and South East Asia.
  • Suhu specialises in intellectual property law, graduating with a Master’s Degree from the University of Leeds, and has nine years of experience in intellectual property law.
  • He also has international experience in handling legal aviation cases at the European Court of Justice.

Thomson Emmanuel Wong Whye Soon

Consumer Affairs, Manager

• Thomson possesses 7 years of experience in brand and digital marketing, accompanied with a strong economic background.

• He successfully led the development and launch of the FlySmart brand. He is the caretaker of MAVCOM’s consumer sub-brand – FlySmart, to champion air passengers’ rights in the aviation industry, where in 2019, 60 per cent of travellers in Malaysia became aware of their air travel rights.

• Thomson specialises in digital media planning, business strategy, paid media strategy and planning. He has also successfully led and developed many successful campaigns, both digital and traditional, that won several accolades for campaign and business success.

• Thomson holds a Bachelor of Economics (Hons.) in Global Economics from University Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) Malaysia.

Wan Yusniza Wan Yahya

Aviation Development, Associate Director

• Yusniza led various strategic initiatives such as the development of Malaysia’s first aeronautical charges framework as a funding model for the airports industry. She also led the consultation and engagement of over 80 stakeholders since the initial development of the framework in 2017 through the publishing of four consultation papers and regular consultations.
  • Yusniza successfully created an evaluation process and supervised a team of ten in the evaluation and commercial licensing of over 70 companies. In addition, she provided specialist input to the Government of Malaysia over economic and commercial matters regarding the aviation industry.
  • A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder since 2009, Yusniza also possesses a BEng (Hons.) specialising in Materials with Management from Imperial College, London.

Yusniza is a MAVCOM Alumni who is employed at the Commission until July 2020.

Norzahin Mazlee

Communications, Manager

• Zahin has over six years of experience working and leading various initiatives within the spectrum of marketing and communications across industries such as healthcare, banking and maritime.
  • She is tasked to be the caretaker of the MAVCOM website and has led the production of three Annual Reports for MAVCOM.
  • Zahin was chosen amongst her peers to enrol in the Fast Track to Degree Programme for the Bachelor of Advertising (Hons.) at University Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam, where she graduated with First Class Honours and received the Vice-Chancellor’s Award.
  • She has also managed various events involving transport authorities, including the coordination of four convocation ceremonies for Malaysian Maritime Academy Sdn. Bhd.

Zahin is a MAVCOM Alumni who was employed at the Commission until February 2020.

Jamie Tham Hui Xin

Risk Management & Compliance, Senior Manager

• Jamie graduated from the University Malaya (UM) in Economics and a Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) as well as Project Management Professional (PMP).
  • She has over 8 years of experience in governance, risk management and strategic planning across multinational and governmental organizations including the Aviation, Oil & Gas and Healthcare Sector.
  • Jamie developed and implemented overall risk governance, risk management framework as well as methodologies in alignment with ISO 31000 and COSO standards in several organizations. She planned for the recovery of healthcare services and sites for the communities during the Alberta North Zone Wildfires, Canada in 2019. Jamie also analyzed and coordinated top down strategic planning to restructure capital and operational expenditures in supporting the corporate agenda.

Jamie is a MAVCOM Alumni who was employed at the Commission until November 2018.

Muhammad Azzim Saiful Azhar

Risk Management and Compliance, Manager

• Azzim oversees implementation of risk management framework at MAVCOM, ensuring key risks are highlighted, assured and mitigated.
  • Having more than seven years of experience, Azzim specialises in risk management and supervision of capital market in Malaysia, including the development of framework and guidelines.
  • Azzim contributed to the development of cyber security guidelines and guidelines on recognised market operators in the capital market. He also conducted regulatory assessments of the Malaysian capital market.
  • Azzim possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Hons.) and graduated with First Class Honours from the Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)

Yong Su-N

Consumer Affairs, Senior Manager

• Su-N is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. She possesses 11 years of experience in management consulting, project management, governance and performance improvement.
  • During her time at MAVCOM, she successfully led the development and roll-out of the Malaysian Aviation Consumer Protection Code 2016 (MACPC), which is the first consumer protection code specifically for Malaysia’s aviation industry, providing consumers with clearly defined rights when travelling by air.
  • She also led the team in the development of a service quality framework which is being implemented across Malaysian airports with the objective to improve service levels.

Su-N is a MAVCOM Alumni who was employed at the Commission until August 2018.

Syazlina Musa

Consumer Affairs, Associate

• Syazlina’s Diploma in Education (Teaching English as a second language) from Management and Science University, Shah Alam, propelled her into the education sector, where she started her career teaching English to local and foreign students at Sekolah Kebangsaan Shah Alam Section 16 and Cornel Language Centre Sdn. Bhd.
  • Her warm personality and approachability translated into her work as the Front Desk Administrator at MAVCOM. She was then promoted as an Associate in the Consumer Affairs unit, where she handles consumer complaints on a daily basis and engage with airlines and airports in resolving consumer issues.
  • Syazlina is currently pursuing her studies in Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons.) in Public Relations from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam, and completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) PYP programme at the International School of Paris, France.

Syazlina is a MAVCOM Alumni who is employed at the Commission until July 2020.

Kelly Low

• In MAVCOM, Kelly was part of a team developing key regulations for the aviation industry including regulations on Air Service Licence & permits, Aerodrome Licences, Ground Handling Licences as well as the allocation of Air Traffic Rights.
  • Kelly has developed and implemented a systematic matrix with criteria and guidelines for licence and permit issuances.
  • Kelly is a graduate from Auckland University in Chemical and Materials Engineering. She has over 18 years of aviation experience covering various aspects of the industry such as engineering, airline and airport operations as well as regulatory affairs in various countries including New Zealand.
  • She was previously attached with AirAsia Group and Air New Zealand Engineering Ltd.

Kelly is a MAVCOM Alumni who was employed at the Commission until October 2018.

Abdul Kadir Mohamed Abd Salam

Penolong Pengarah, Kewangan, Perkhidmatan Korporat

• Kadir merupakan sebahagian daripada pasukan perintis MAVCOM yang terlibat dalam penubuhan Suruhanjaya pada tahun 2016. Beliau telah menyumbang kepakaran beliau dengan menubuhkan infrastruktur operasi, mendapatkan geran pelancaran serta membangunkan polisi dan prosedur dalaman Suruhanjaya.
  • Di MAVCOM, Kadir menyelia dan mengawal pengurusan kewangan Suruhanjaya, termasuk pelaksanaan pengutipan Caj Pengawalseliaan (RSC) sebagai sumber pendapatan utama bagi Suruhanjaya. Beliau juga menyediakan dan menyemak pelan perniagaan tahunan, belanjawan serta KPI korporat bagi MAVCOM.
  • Sebelum menyertai MAVCOM, Kadir mengendalikan pelaporan pengurusan serta analisis prestasi di CIMB Group dan telah melaksanakan perkhidmatan audit serta khidmat nasihat kewangan di PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Malaysia.
  • Kadir merupakan ahli Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) dan beliau memiliki BA dalam Perakaunan dan Pengurusan Kewangan dari University of Sheffield, United Kingdom.

Adam Ahmad Abdullah

Ekonomi, Pengurus Kanan

• Adam mempunyai pengalaman selama 12 tahun dalam penganalisisan ekuiti, penyelidikan ekonomi, serta pembangunan model dan ramalan kewangan.
  • Setelah memperolehi ijazah kelas pertama dari Imperial College London dalam Pengurusan Gunaan Perniagaan, beliau merupakan ahli unit yang membangunkan pelan-pelan induk bagi bahagian pengurusan aset untuk suatu pengurus unit amanah yang besar di Malaysia serta untuk unit amanah tersebut secara keseluruhannya.
  • Adam juga telah menerbitkan beberapa laporan dwi-tahunan mengenai prospek industri penerbangan awam Malaysia.

Adeline Ong May Lin

Komunikasi, Timbalan Pengarah

• Adeline seorang pakar komunikasi yang mempunyai pengalaman selama 25 tahun dalam bidang media dan perhubungan awam. Beliau kini mengetuai unit Komunikasi di MAVCOM, di mana beliau merancang dan melaksanakan strategi penentuan posisi (positioning) Suruhanjaya serta menguruskan inisiatif-inisiatif berkenaan media dan pihak berkepentingan MAVCOM.
  • Sebelum menyertai Suruhanjaya, beliau merupakan Naib Presiden bagi Unit Hal Ehwal Korporat di Citibank Malaysia, di mana Adeline bertanggungjawab untuk mengendalikan hal ehwal Korporat Kewarganegaraan serta Hubungan Media.
  • Di tiga organisasi yang beliau pernah berkhidmat sebelum ini, Adeline mempunyai pengalaman dalam menubuhkan unit media, di mana beliau telah menyediakan hala tuju strategik dan memastikan penyesuaian mesej bagi bahan-bahan komunikasi serta pelabur. Selain dari Malaysia, Adeline juga berpengalaman dalam sektor swasta dan awam di negara-negara serantau.
  • Sebagai bekas penulis di akhbar Business Times dan The Edge Financial Weekly, beliau telah mendapat pendedahan di taraf antarabangsa sebagai seorang penulis bebas yang bertempat di Sepanyol. Adeline telah memenangi pelbagai anugerah seperti Anugerah Chevening oleh Suruhanjaya Tinggi Britain, serta diberikan biasiswa oleh Kementerian Luar Negara Itali bagi kajian beliau dalam Bahasa Itali. Adeline juga telah menyertai program Pertukaran Tempat Pelajaran Berkumpulan ke Afrika Selatan bersama Rotary International.

Aiman Izuan Othaman

Hal Ehwal Pengguna, Eksekutif

• Aiman pernah menyandang jawatan sebagai Penolong Pensyarah di Management and Science University (MSU). Sebelum menjadi pensyarah, beliau telah menjadi guru pengganti di sebuah sekolah untuk Orang Asli.
  • Sebelum beliau mengajar, Aiman pernah dianugerahkan sebagai Pelajar Terbaik bagi semua Program Ijazah yang disenaraikan di bawah Sekolah Pengajian dan Sains Sosial di MSU. Aiman mempunyai Diploma Pendidikan (TESL) dan Ijazah Sarjana Muda Pendidikan (TESL) (Kepujian) dari universiti yang sama.
  • Seorang ketua semulajadi, beliau pernah dilantik untuk menjadi Presiden kelab TESL dari 2016-2017, malah dipilih sebagai Pengarah bagi projek Hop-On Hop-Off untuk kelab tersebut.

Aiman adalah Alumni MAVCOM yang bekerja di Suruhanjaya sehingga Jun 2020.

Ashvinder Singh

Ekonomi, Timbalan Pengarah

• Ashvinder pakar dalam sektor Ekonomi di MAVCOM dan merupakan bekas penganalisis risiko di PETRONAS.
  • Beliau memperoleh Ijazah Sarjana Muda dalam Ekonomi dan Kewangan dari ‘Universiti Nottingham’ (Kampus Malaysia) serta Ijazah Pascasiswazah dalam Sains Politik and Ekonomi Politik dari ‘London School of Economics’.
  • Beliau dianugerahkan “distinction” untuk disertasi Mastersnya pada demokrasi dan liberalisasi perdagangan di dunia antara 1974 dan 2014.

Ashvinder adalah Alumni MAVCOM yang bekerja di Suruhanjaya sehingga Ogos 2020.

Ashween Raj KV Mohan Raja

Kewangan, Perkhidmatan Korporat, Pengurus

• Ashween mempunyai Ijazah Sarjana Muda Perakaunan (Kepujian) dari Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN) dan sedang menjalani kursus kualifikasi Persatuan Akauntan Bertauliah (ACCA).
  • Ashween mempunyai pengalaman dalam membangunkan dan menaik taraf Prosedur Operasi Standard (SOP) secara keseluruhan. Beliau juga telah berjaya melaksanakan pengutipan Caj Pengawalselian (RSC) untuk menjana pendapatan Suruhanjaya serta telah membantu menubuhkan fungsi keseluruhan unit Kewangan untuk MAVCOM. Selain itu, Ashween juga bertanggungjawab untuk pengurusan laporan kewangan bulanan, akaun penerimaaan, akaun pembayaran serta perolehan Suruhanjaya.

Muhammad Azzim Saiful Azhar

Pengurusan Risiko dan Maklumat, Pengurus

• Azzim menyelia pelaksanaan rangka kerja pengurusan risiko di MAVCOM dengan memastikan risiko utama diserlahkan, dijamin dan dikurangkan.
  • Mempunyai lebih dari tujuh tahun pengalaman, Azzim mengkhususkan diri dalam pengurusan risiko dan penyeliaan pasaran modal di Malaysia, termasuk pembangunan rangka kerja dan garis panduan.
  • Azzim menyumbang kepada pembangunan keselamatan siber dan garis panduan mengenai pengendali pasaran yang diiktiraf di pasaran modal. Beliau juga menjalankan penilaian kawal selia pasaran modal Malaysia.
  • Azzim memiliki Ijazah Sarjana Muda Pentadbiran Perniagaan (Kepujian) dan lulus dengan Kepujian Kelas Pertama dari Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM).

Ch’ng Dao Zhen

Pembangunan Penerbangan, Eksekutif

• Ch’ng mempunyai pengalaman pengawalseliaan dalam industri pasaran modal dan penerbangan.
  • Setelah menamatkan pengajian beliau dengan pengkhususan dalam bidang Ekonomi, serta memperoleh kelulusan bagi kesemua tahap peperiksaan Juruanalisis Kewangan Berkanun (CFA), Ch’ng telah menyumbang kepakaran beliau dalam pembangunan rangka kerja caj lapangan terbang yang pertama di Malaysia. Di samping itu, beliau telah berjaya melobi untuk penyisipan inisiatif-inisiatif utama modal teroka (venture capital) ke dalam Belanjawan negara.

Elena Abdul Rahim

Perkhidmatan Korporat, Setiausaha Eksekutif

• Elena mempunyai pengalaman selama 16 tahun dalam bidang kesetiausahaan Korporat, terutamanya dalam mengurus hal ehwal serta membuat perancangan teliti bagi pihak Pengurusan Kanan.
  • Beliau juga amat berpengalaman dalam mengurus maklumat sulit dan sensitif, serta efisien dalam pengurusan pentadbiran organisasi secara keseluruhan. Elena juga berkebolehan dalam menjalankan tugasan yang merangkumi pelbagai aliran kerja.

Fariz Zulfa Mohd Mustafa

Komunikasi, Eksekutif

• Fariz mempunyai pengalaman selama lima tahun dalam bidang perhubungan awam dan komunikasi korporat, dan telah berkhidmat dalam industri perkhidmatan dan teknologi maklumat. Sebelum menyertai MAVCOM, beliau telah bertugas sebagai pakar perhubungan awam dan komunikasi korporat di DRB-HICOM, Telekom Malaysia dan Perbadanan Usahawan Nasional Berhad (PUNB).
  • Beliau mempunyai latar belakang profesional dalam bidang media dan komunikasi. Beliau juga merupakan seorang graduan dari New York University (NYU) yang telah diiktiraf dengan kepujian kelas pertama Sarjana Sains (M.S.) dalam bidang Perhubungan Awam dan Komunikasi Korporat.
  • Fariz telah menetap di luar negara selama 12 tahun dan menuntut di pelbagai sekolah antarabangsa di Paris, Dubai, Tokyo dan New York.

Fazlin Hassan Naziri

Ekonomi, Pengurus

• Fazlin mempunyai pengalaman teknikal dan komersial selama 13 tahun dalam pelbagai industri seperti utiliti, telekomunikasi dan penerbangan. Beliau telah mengetuai beberapa projek yang memerlukan input pakar ekonomi mengenai harga tiket penerbangan dan kesalinghubungan udara di Malaysia.
  • Fazlin merupakan graduan Kejuruteraan Elektrik dan Elektronik dari Imperial College London.

Hana S. Harun

Pejabat Malaysia Timur, Pengurus

• Hana mempunyai pengalaman selama sepuluh tahun dalam industri pelancongan semasa beliau berkhidmat untuk Lembaga Pelancongan Sabah dan selama empat tahun dalam usaha pemuliharaan Borneo dengan World Wide Fund (WWF) Malaysia.
  • Beliau memiliki MHSc. dalam Komunikasi (Perhubungan Awam) dari Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia dan mempunyai BSc dalam Komunikasi (Pengiklanan) dari New Haven University, Connecticut, Amerika Syarikat.
  • Pencapaian utama beliau termasuk inisiatif Heart of Borneo yang ditandatangani oleh Kerajaan Brunei, Indonesia dan Malaysia. Hana juga telah dipilih untuk mengetuai unit digitalisasi pemasaran dan komunikasi bagi industri pelancongan Sabah. Selain itu, Hana telah menjalankan kerja-kerja publisiti bagi industri penerbangan Sabah dan Sarawak di mana beliau terlibat dalam bidang pengawalseliaan. Di MAVCOM, merupakan sebahagian daripada unit yang mengawasi prestasi pengendali lapangan terbang melalui Rangka Kerja Kualiti Perkhidmatan Lapangan terbang, serta pentadbiran Perkhidmatan Udara Luar Bandar bagi masyarakat di pedalaman Sabah dan Sarawak.

Hazman Hafiz

Ekonomi, Eksekutif

• Hazman mempunyai pengalaman bekerja selama lima tahun dalam industri penerbangan dan kewangan. Beliau memulakan kerjaya beliau dengan menjadi guru selama dua tahun di sebuah sekolah luar bandar di Malaysia.
  • Pada tahun 2012, beliau telah mendapat Ijazah Sarjana Muda Kejuruteraan (Kepujian Kelas Pertama) dari Universiti Malaya. Beliau juga memiliki Diploma Pasca Siswazah Pendidikan dari Universiti Utara Malaysia pada tahun 2014, dan telah menerima Diploma Pengurusan Penerbangan Awam dari International Air Transport Association (IATA) pada tahun 2019.
  • Pada tahun 2013, beliau telah menjadi Felo Teach for Malaysia. Beliau juga merupakan pemegang biasiswa Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam.

Intan Nadia Jalil

Ekonomi, Timbalan Pengarah

• Nadia menerajui projek yang menjangka masa dua tahun untuk membangunkan Pelan Induk Ekonomi yang pertama buat Sektor Penerbangan Awam Malaysia untuk Kementerian Pengangkutan Malaysia (MoT). Pelan Induk tersebut menyediakan hala tuju strategik bagi peraturan dan pembangunan ekonomi sektor penerbangan Malaysia.
  • Nadia juga menyertai forum antarabangsa seperti keahlian Kumpulan Kerja Pertubuhan Penerbangan Awam Antarabangsa (ICAO), yang bertanggungjawab untuk mengemas kini Manual Ekonomi Organisasi Perkhidmatan Navigasi Penerbangan, dan Polisi mengenai Caj untuk Lapangan Terbang dan Perkhidmatan Navigasi Udara. Beliau juga terlibat dalam Penasihat Zico Asean 40 Di bawah 40 (2018) – sebagai pengiktirafan untuk “kerja terpuji sebagai pakar ekonomi muda terkemuka di Malaysia.”
  • Sebagai Ahli Ekonomi Bank Dunia dari tahun 2012 hingga 2014, Nadia merupakan salah seorang pengarang Malaysia Economic Monitor, sebuah penerbitan dua kali setahun yang mengkaji perkembangan dan pandangan ekonomi yang terkini, dan juga menganalisis tema struktur jangka panjang. Beliau menyampaikan analisis dan taklimat tentang ekonomi Malaysia kepada pengurusan dan pelanggan Bank Dunia, termasuk Ketua Ekonom dan Pengarah Urusan kepada Bank Dunia.
  • Nadia memegang Ijazah Sarjana dalam Pengajian Dasar Wilayah dan Bandar dari London School of Economics dan Sains Politik pada tahun 2010, BA dalam Ekonomi dari University of Cambridge pada tahun 2003, dan Diploma Pengurusan Penerbangan Awam dari Persatuan Pengangkutan Udara Antarabangsa (IATA) pada tahun 2018.

Nadia adalah Alumni MAVCOM yang bekerja di Suruhanjaya sehingga Mac 2020.

Jamie Tham Hui Xin

Pengurusan Risiko dan Maklumat, Pengurus Kanan

• Jamie seorang graduan dari Universiti Malaya (UM) dalam Ekonomi dan Profesional Kesinambungan Perniagaan yang disahkan (CBCP) serta Pengurusan Projek Profesional (PMP).
  • Beliau mempunyai lebih dari 8 tahun pengalaman dalam tadbir urus, pengurusan risiko dan perancangan strategik di seluruh organisasi multinasional dan kerajaan termasuk Penerbangan, Minyak & Gas dan Sektor Penjagaan Kesihatan.
  • Jamie membangun dan melaksanakan keseluruhan tadbir urus risiko, rangka kerja pengurusan risiko serta metodologi yang sejajar dengan piawaian ISO 31000 dan standard COSO dalam beberapa organisasi. Beliau merancang untuk mendapatkan dan memulihkan semula perkhidmatan penjagaan kesihatan dan tapak-tapak untuk komuniti semasa kebakaran hutan zon utara Alberta, Kanada pada 2019. Jamie juga menganalisis dan menyelaras perancangan strategik untuk menyusun semula perbelanjaan modal dan operasi dalam menyokong agenda korporat.

Jamie merupakan seorang Alumni MAVCOM yang bekerja di Suruhanjaya sehingga November 2018.

Karen Leiking

Pejabat Malaysia Timur, Pengurus Kanan

• Dengan pengalaman beliau selama 24 tahun dalam industri penerbangan dan pelancongan, kepakaran Karen melibatkan beliau di dalam unit pengurusan krisis di Malaysia Airlines, di mana beliau telah bertanggungjawan untuk penghasilan dan pengawalan buku log bagi Pusat Operasi Kecemasan Malaysia Airlines (EOC) semasa kejadian MH370 dan MH17. Semasa beliau di Malaysia Airlines, beliau juga telah dilantik sebagai Pengurus Projek bagi program kesediaan operasi pesawat “Entry into Service (EIS)”.
  • Disebabkan pengalaman beliau yang luas, beliau telah dipilih untuk menjadi Pengarah Projek di Pejabat Pengurusan Penstrukturan (RMO) untuk Malaysia Airlines. Beliau juga telah menguruskan pelaksanaan pelbagai inisiatif yang menyokong Pelan Pemulihan Perniagaan dan Pelan Transformasi Perniagaan di Pejabat Pengurusan Turnaround (TMO) bagi organisasi tersebut.
  • Memandangkan beliau menerajui pelbagai projek yang berkaitan dengan komuniti di Sabah dan Sarawak, rangkaian profesional Karen turut melibatkan pihak berkepentingan dalam industri pelancongan termasuk Pemimpin Komuniti luar bandar berhubung program Perkhidmatan Luar Bandar (RAS). Beliau juga telah berjaya menyelaraskan aktiviti pemasaran bagi negeri Sabah di pelbagai pameran perdagangan dan perjalanan antarabangsa – terutamanya di dua pameran pelancongan terbesar dunia, iaitu International Tourismo Borse (ITB) di Berlin dan World Travel Market (WTM) di London, United Kingdom.
  • Karen memiliki Sarjana Muda Sains dalam Pentadbiran Perniagaan (BSBA) dalam bidang Pengurusan Industri Pelancongan dari Hawaii Pacific University.

Kelly Low

Pembangunan Penerbangan, Timbalan Pengarah

• Semasa beliau di MAVCOM, Kelly merupakan sebahagian daripada unit yang membangunkan perundangan utama industri penerbangan termasuk perundangan bagi Lesen dan Permit Perkhidmatan Udara, Lesen Aerodrom, Lesen Pengendalian Darat serta peruntukan Hak Trafik Udara.
  • Kelly juga telah membangunkan dan melaksanakan rangka kerja sistematik yang menggariskan kriteria dan garis panduan bagi penerbitan lesen dan permit.
  • Kelly merupakan graduan Kejuruteraan dan Bahan Kimia dari Auckland University. Beliau mempunyai pengalaman yang melangkaui 18 tahun dalam industri penerbangan yang meliputi pelbagai aspek industri tersebut seperti kejuruteraan, operasi penerbangan dan lapangan terbang, serta hal-ehwal perundangan di pelbagai negara termasuk New Zealand.
  • Beliau pernah bekerja untuk Kumpulan AirAsia dan Air New Zealand Engineering Ltd.

Kelly adalah Alumni MAVCOM yang bekerja di Suruhanjaya sehingga Oktober 2018.

Leong Chuo Sheng

Pembangunan Penerbangan, Pengurus

• Sebahagian daripada bahagian Pembangunan Penerbangan, Sheng mengawasi Hak Trafik Udara, Filing Perkhidmatan, Pelesenan Ekonomi dan Obligasi Perkhidmatan Awam. Beliau juga pernah berkhidmat dengan Persatuan Asia Pacific Airlines (AAPA) dan Korean Air sebagai pakar Hal Ehwal Industri dan sebagai pegawai Pemasaran Penumpang.
  • Sheng juga telah menerbitkan karya bertajuk, “Attitudes and Behaviours as Explanatory Variables to Airport Leakage” dan membentangkannya di Tahunan kedua Pendidikan dan Simposium Penyelidikan – Persatuan Industri Penerbangan di New Zealand, dari 28 hingga 29 Julai 2010.
  • Sheng sedang menjalani Sarjana Sains (MSc) dalam Pengurusan Pengangkutan Udara di Cranfield University, United Kingdom. Sebelum ini, beliau graduan dari Universiti Massey di Palmerston North, New Zealand, memperolehi Ijazah Sarjana Muda dalam Pengurusan Penerbangan (Kepujian) dalam Pengurusan Penerbangan dengan Kepujian Kelas Pertama.

Melati Abdul Hamid

Ekonomi, Pengurus Kanan

• Di MAVCOM, Melati memberi tumpuan kepada undang-undang persaingan dan ekonomi, rundingan perjanjian perkhidmatan udara antarabangsa, serta undang-undang dan penyelidikan dasar. Beliau mengetuai kajian komprehensif mekanisme subsidi udara Perkhidmatan Luar Bandar dengan matlamat untuk menyampaikan obligasi kewajipan perkhidmatan awam di Sabah dan Sarawak dengan cara yang paling cekap dan berkesan.
  • Sebelum menyertai MAVCOM, Melati mempunyai lebih daripada lapan tahun pengalaman dalam Jabatan Peguam Negara, mengendalikan perkara yang berkaitan dengan undang-undang antarabangsa awam, perjanjian perdagangan bebas dan rundingan pelaburan dua hala, penyelesaian pertikaian domestik dan antarabangsa, undang-undang perlembagaan, undang-undang persaingan dan keadilan jenayah.
  • Melati seorang graduan dari Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM) dalam Ijazah Sarjana Muda Undang-Undang dengan Kepujian Kelas Pertama pada tahun 2006. Beliau kemudiannya lulus dari Harvard Law School memperoleh Master of Laws pada tahun 2007. Beliau kemudian memperoleh Diploma Pascasiswazah Ekonominya untuk Undang-Undang Persaingan pada tahun 2019 dari King’s College London. Melati mengamalkan undang-undang di New York sejak tahun 2010.
  • Melati telah memperolehi anugerah berprestij sepanjang kariernya. Pada tahun 2014, beliau telah dibentangkan dengan Pingat Perkhidmatan Cemerlang oleh Jabatan Perdana Menteri Malaysia. Pada tahun 2009, 2010 dan 2013, beliau menerima Anugerah Perkhidmatan Cemerlang dari Jabatan Peguam Negara Malaysia. Beliau memperoleh biasiswa Fulbright dari 2006 hingga 2007 serta Anugerah IIUM Gold untuk Kecemerlangan Komprehensif pada tahun 2006. Melati dianugerahkan sebagai Oralist Terbaik dalam Pusingan Kejuaraan Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition di Washington D.C., Amerika Syarikat, pada tahun 2005.

Mohamed Sathik Ali Mohd Meera

Pembangunan Penerbangan, Pengurus

• Sathik pakar dalam hal ehwal penerbangan dan peraturan, mempunyai lebih daripada 19 tahun pengalaman mendalam merentasi penerbangan komersial, operasi syarikat penerbangan, jaminan kualiti dan peraturan.
  • Beliau mengetuai pembangunan portal e-pelesenan dan pemantauan e-mel yang pertama di Malaysia pada platform salesforce.com untuk industri penerbangan tempatan selama enam bulan dan dalam anggaran bajet yang disediakan.
  • Sathik juga menjalankan pemeriksaan jaminan kualiti mengenai operasi dan proses penerbangan serta mencadangkan penambahbaikan proses sistemik.
  • Beliau mempunyai pengalaman melakukan penilaian ekonomi untuk pengeluaran lesen komersial dan Hak Trafik Udara untuk penyedia perkhidmatan penerbangan di Malaysia dan mencapai KPI kurang dari 90 hari yang diproses pada tahun 2019.
  • Sathik merupakan seorang graduan dari Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM).

Nafisah Abdul Nasir

Pembangunan Penerbangan, Pengurus

• Nafisah adalah mahir dalam memastikan pelan operasi dilaksanakan dengan baik dan mempunyai pengalaman lebih daripada 15 tahun dalam operasi penerbangan komersial, terutamanya dalam bidang jadual dan perancangan rangkaian, serta proses permit pendaratan penerbangan.
  • Beliau mempunyai pengetahuan mendalam tentang market intelligence dan alat analisis seperti sistem PC Airflite oleh SABER (alat penjadualan) dan AirportIS oleh Persatuan Pengangkutan Udara Antarabangsa (IATA).
  • Nafisah memiliki BBA (Kepujian) dalam Kewangan dari Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam, Diploma Analisis Pelaburan dari UiTM, Johor, dan Diploma Pengurusan Penerbangan dari Pusat Latihan IATA.

Norzahin Mazlee

Komunikasi, Pengurus

• Zahin mempunyai pengalaman selama lebih enam tahun bekerja dan mengetuai berbagai inisiatif dalam spektrum pemasaran dan komunikasi merentas industri seperti penjagaan kesihatan, perbankan dan maritim.
  • Beliau ditugaskan menjadi penjaga laman web MAVCOM dan telah menghasilkan tiga Laporan Tahunan untuk MAVCOM.
  • Zahin terpilih di kalangan rakan sebaya untuk mendaftar di ‘Program Gelagat Pantas’ untuk Sarjana Muda Pengiklanan (Kepujian) di Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam, di mana beliau lulus dengan Kepujian Kelas Pertama dan menerima Anugerah Naib Canselor.
  • Beliau juga menguruskan pelbagai acara yang melibatkan pihak berkuasa pengangkutan, termasuk penyelarasan empat upacara konvokesyen untuk Malaysian Maritime Academy Sdn. Bhd.

Zahin adalah Alumni MAVCOM yang bekerja di Suruhanjaya sehingga Februari 2020.

Nur Hazira Md Alimuddin

Perkhidmatan Korporat, Eksekutif

• Hazira bertanggungjawab untuk mentadbir pelan pampasan dan faedah, rekod gaji dan pekerja, dan membantu proses pentadbiran dan operasi Sumber Manusia secara keseluruhan dalam MAVCOM.
  • Hazira memegang Ijazah Sarjana Muda Pentadbiran Perniagaan dari Universiti Malaya dan telah dianugerahkan Anugerah Pegawai Kadet Keseluruhan Terbaik untuk Angkatan Laut Unit Latihan Pegawai Rizab Universiti Malaya (ROTU) pada tahun 2016.
  • Beliau juga ditugaskan sebagai Pemangku Rizab Sukarelawan Tentera Laut Diraja Malaysia (RMNVR) oleh Yang Mulia, Sultan Perak, Sultan Nazrin Shah, yang mewakili Yang di-Pertuan Agong pada Majlis Pentauliahan Diraja ke-35 ROTU Cadet Pegawai pada tahun 2016.

Rosida Ismail

Rosida Ismail, Pengurus Kanan

• Rosida mempunyai lebih dari 14 tahun pengalaman dalam mempercepatkan strategi spektrum awam yang luas, penggubalan dasar serta kerajaan dan fungsi untuk penglibatan pihak berkepentingan. Beliau pakar dalam mendapatkan pembeli dari cawangan eksekutif dan perundangan, pengawal selia berkaitan penerbangan serta pembuat keputusan peringkat tertinggi, ditambah pula dengan kemahiran perundingan yang luar biasa dan ketajaman pengurusan projek. Beliau juga dikenali untuk pengalaman pengucapan yang fasih. Rosida mempunyai rangkaian profesional yang luas dengan korps diplomatik global, pengawal selia penerbangan awam, pemain industri serta Menteri dan pembuat undang-undang.
  • Rosida lulus dengan BSc. dalam Sains dari Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. Beliau memperoleh Diploma Ijazah Pascasiswazah dalam Pengurusan Awam dari Institut Tadbiran Awam Kebangsaan (INTAN), dan lulus dengan MSc. dalam Pengurusan Pengangkutan Udara dari Cranfield University, London, United Kingdom.
  • Rosida telah dianugerahkan Senarai Dekan oleh Universiti Malaya pada tahun 2006, Anugerah Perkhidmatan Cemerlang (Excellence Award) oleh Kementerian Pengangkutan (MoT) pada tahun 2008, dan Hadiah Latihan Persekutuan (Biasiswa) oleh Kerajaan Malaysia pada tahun 2011 dan 2012.
  • Beliau telah menerbitkan pelbagai jurnal yang merangkumi “The South China Sea: The Struggle for Power – a Book Review – Journal for Diplomacy and Foreign Relations, Kuala Lumpur (2015)”, “ASEAN Open Skies – Aviation Development in 2015: Blue of Cloudy Skies? – Annals of Air and Space Law: Vol XL (2015), McGill University (2016)”, “Collaborating to open the skies with China – challenges and opportunities – European Journal of Comparative Law and Governance (2017)”, dan “The skies the limit! Open skies with limitation – European Journal of Comparative Law and Governance, Vol 4, Issue 1 (2017)”.

Saiful Bakhtiar Osman

Teknologi Komunikasi dan Maklumat , Pengurus

• Saiful mempunyai lebih daripada 19 tahun pengalaman dalam Keselamatan IT, pengurusan pusat data, pelayan dan rangkaian, pengurusan projek, pembangunan aplikasi, piawaian IT dan amalan terbaik.
  • Beliau adalah Pengurus Keselamatan Maklumat yang sah (CISM), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), dan ITIL Certified Practitioner (v2 dan v3). Dalam Pengurusan Projek, beliau adalah Pengurus Projek PRINCE2 yang Bertauliah dan Master SCRUM yang Disahkan (metodologi pengurusan projek Agile). Saiful juga merupakan ‘Teknologis Siswazah’ yang disahkan di bawah Lembaga Teknologis Malaysia [Akta 768] dan Ahli Berdaftar Persatuan ICT Kebangsaan (PIKOM).
  • Saiful terlibat dalam pelbagai forum termasuk panelis untuk forum “Cybersecurity, IT Assurance & Governance (CIAG)” di 2019. Pada tahun 2018, beliau menjadi panelis di Sidang Kemuncak CIO Asia-Malaysia 2018 yang dianjurkan oleh Dot Connector di Shanghai, pembicara di IDC “Business Innovation Forum” dan di IDC “CIO Summit 2018”. Pada tahun 2017, beliau telah dilantik sebagai moderator di IDC “CIO Summit 2017” dan juga di CIO Asia “CIO Conference 2017”.
  • Saiful memegang Ijazah Sarjana Muda Teknologi Maklumat (Kepujian) dan Ijazah Sarjana Pentadbiran Perniagaan dari Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM). Pada tahun 2019, beliau dianugerahi Anugerah International Data Group (IDG) Top 50 CIO yang berprestij buat Anugerah Asean dan Anugerah ‘Information Visionary’ buat Sistem Pengurusan Aduan FlySmart (CMS) di Sidang Kemuncak Transformasi Digital IDC.

Sarah Izzati Seeni Mohamed

Pembangunan Penerbangan, Eksekutif

• Sarah memiliki Sarjana Pentadbiran Perniagaan (Kewangan) dari Multimedia University dan Sarjana Muda Perdagangan (Perakaunan & Kewangan) dari University of Auckland.
  • Beliau mempunyai pengalaman selama lima tahun sebagai Pegawai Tadbir dan Diplomatik di beberapa Kementerian termasuk Unit Kerjasama Awam Swasta Pejabat Perdana Menteri, Kementerian Perdagangan dan Industri, dan Kementerian Pengangkutan Malaysia.
  • Kecekapan terasnya termasuk pengawalseliaan dan hubungan kerajaan, aero-politik, hal ehwal awam, penggubalan dasar, rundingan kontrak dan pengurusan pemegang saham.
  • Sarah membantu membangunkan sistem permohonan permit pendaratan elektronik pertama bagi semua penerbangan memasuki ruang udara Malaysia serta beroperasi ke / dari semua lapangan terbang di Malaysia untuk menyelaraskan proses permit pendaratan di beberapa badan industri berkaitan.

Sitti Nadhirah Md Rusli

Ekonomi, Eksekutif

• Sebelum menyertai MAVCOM, Nadhirah adalah Pembantu Penyelidikan Bahagian Perniagaan dan Ekonomi di Suruhanjaya Persaingan Malaysia, dan sebelum itu, beliau adalah seorang pelatih di Institut Penyelidikan Khazanah. Beliau juga merupakan seorang sarjana Shell Malaysia, sebuah program biasiswa yang menyediakan pintu masuk yang unik ke dalam industri tenaga dan membenarkan Nadhirah meneruskan aspirasi pendidikannya.
  • Nadhirah memegang Ijazah Sarjana Muda Ekonomi (Kepujian) dari Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia, dan memiliki Ijazah Sarjana Ekonomi dengan Cemerlang dari Universiti Malaya.

Nadhirah adalah Alumni MAVCOM yang bekerja di Suruhanjaya sehingga Julai 2020.

Sugumari Pakerysamy

Hal Ehwal Pengguna, Eksekutif

• Sugumari memiliki Sarjana Muda Undang-Undang dari University of London.
  • Beliau mengkhususkan diri dalam bidang pengurusan dan penyelesaian aduan, jaminan kualiti, serta Analisis Punca Sebenar (Root Cause Analysis).
  • Di MAVCOM, dia adalah sebahagian daripada pasukan hal ehwal pengguna yang membantu resolusi aduan pada purata 95 peratus penutupan kes secara bulanan.
  • Sugumari telah terlibat secara aktif dalam semua kempen kesedaran pengguna untuk sub-jenama pengguna MAVCOM, FlySmart, untuk meningkatkan kesedaran mengenai hak perjalanan udara.

Suhunaraj Shanmugam

Hal Ehwal Pengguna, Pengurus Kanan

• Suhu adalah pegawai undang-undang yang berpengalaman dengan pengalaman selama 15 tahun dalam industri yang terdiri daripada penerbangan, perkhidmatan kewangan dan industri minyak dan gas. Beliau telah memegang jawatan utama di mana tanggungjawabnya adalah seperti penasihat undang-undang serantau untuk Timur Tengah, Afrika, dan Asia Tenggara.
  • Suhu mengkhususkan diri dalam undang-undang harta intelek, lulus dengan Ijazah Sarjana dari Universiti Leeds, dan mempunyai pengalaman selama sembilan tahun dalam undang-undang harta intelek.
  • Beliau juga mempunyai pengalaman antarabangsa dalam mengendalikan kes-kes penerbangan undang-undang di Mahkamah Keadilan Eropah.

Syazlina Musa

Hal Ehwal Pengguna, Eksekutif

• Diploma Pendidikan Syazlina (Pengajaran Bahasa Inggeris sebagai bahasa kedua) dari Universiti Pengurusan dan Sains, Shah Alam, mendorongnya ke sektor pendidikan, di mana beliau memulakan kerjayanya mengajar Bahasa Inggeris kepada pelajar tempatan dan asing di Sekolah Kebangsaan Shah Alam Seksyen 16 dan Cornel Language Center Sdn. Bhd.
  • Keperibadiannya yang mesra dan mudah didekati menjadikan dirinya sesuai untuk menjadi seorang Pentadbir Barisan Depan di MAVCOM. Beliau kemudiannya dinaikkan pangkat sebagai Associate dalam unit Hal Ehwal Pengguna, di mana beliau mengendalikan aduan pengguna setiap hari dan terlibat dengan syarikat penerbangan dan lapangan terbang dalam menyelesaikan masalah pengguna.
  • Syazlina sedang mengikuti pengajiannya dalam Sarjana Muda Komunikasi Massa (Kepujian) di Perhubungan Awam dari Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam dan menyempurnakan program PYP Antarabangsa Baccalaureate (IB) di Sekolah Antarabangsa Paris, Perancis.

Syazlina adalah Alumni MAVCOM yang bekerja di Suruhanjaya sehingga Julai 2020.

Thomson Emmanuel Wong Whye Soon

Hal Ehwal Pengguna, Pengurus

• Thomson memiliki pengalaman selama 7 tahun dalam bidang penjenamaan dan digital, disertai dengan latar belakang ekonomi yang kukuh.

• Dia telah berjaya menerajui dan mengembangkan jenama FlySmart sehingga ianya dikenali. beliau adalah bertanggungjawab sepenuhnya terhadap sub-jenama untuk pengguna MAVCOM – FlySmart. Sub-jenama FlySmart adalah jenama yang memperjuangkan hak-hak pengguna yang mempunyai isu dalam industri penerbangan. Untuk rekod, dalam tahun 2019, sahaja 60 peratus penumpang di malaysia sedar akan hak mereka jika mereka melakukan sebarang perjalanan udara.

• Thomson adalah pakar dalam bidang perancangan media digital, strategi perniagaan, strategi dan perancangan media berbayar. Dia juga berjaya menerajui dan juga berjaya mengembangkan banyak kempen digital dan tradisional. Beliau juga telah memenangi beberapa penghargaan untuk kejayaan kempen dan perniagaan.

• Thomson memiliki Ijazah Sarjana Muda Ekonomi (Kepujian) dalam bidang Ekonomi Global dari Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) Malaysia.

Wan Yusniza Wan Yahya

Pembangunan Penerbangan, Timbalan Pengarah r

• Yusniza mengetuai pelbagai inisiatif strategik seperti pembangunan rangka kerja caj aeronautik pertama Malaysia sebagai model pendanaan bagi industri lapangan terbang. Beliau juga mengetuai perundingan dan penglibatan lebih daripada 80 pihak berkepentingan sejak pembangunan awal rangka kerja pada tahun 2017 melalui penerbitan empat kertas perundingan dan rundingan biasa.
  • Yusniza berjaya membuat satu proses penilaian dan menyelia satu pasukan terdiri daripada sepuluh individu dalam penilaian dan pelesenan komersil lebih daripada 70 syarikat. Tambahan pula, beliau memberikan input pakar kepada Kerajaan Malaysia mengenai hal-hal ekonomi dan perdagangan mengenai industri penerbangan.
  • Pemegang Amanah Kewangan Chartered (CFA) sejak tahun 2009, Yusniza juga mempunyai BEng (Hons.) Yang mengkhususkan diri dalam Bahan dengan Pengurusan dari Imperial College, London.

Yusniza adalah Alumni MAVCOM yang bekerja di Suruhanjaya sehingga Julai 2020.

Yong Su-N

Hal Ehwal Pengguna, Pengurus Kanan

• Su-N merupakan Felo Persatuan Akauntan Bertauliah (ACCA). Beliau mempunyai pengalaman melangkaui 11 tahun dalam bidang perundingan pengurusan, pengurusan projek, tadbir urus serta peningkatan prestasi.
  • Semasa beliau di MAVCOM, beliau telah mengetuai pembangunan dan implementasi Kod Perlindungan Pengguna Penerbangan Malaysia 2016 (MACPC), iaitu kod perlindungan pengguna pertama yang khusus untuk industri penerbangan Malaysia. MACPC menggariskan hak-hak pengguna penerbangan dengan jelas.
  • Su-N juga telah mengetuai unit pembangunan rangka kerja untuk meningkatkan tahap perkhidmatan dan kualiti lapangan terbang. Rangka kerja kualiti perkhidmatan ini sedang diperkenalkan dan dilaksanakan di lapangan-lapangan terbang Malaysia.

Su-N adalah Alumni MAVCOM yang bekerja di Suruhanjaya sehingga Ogos 2018.

download

download

download

download

download

download

download

download

download

download

download

download

download

download

download