Industry / Competition / Anti-competitive agreement
- sharing of aviation service market or sources of supply;
- limiting or controlling production;
- limiting or controlling market outlets or market access;
- limiting or controlling technical or technological development;
- limiting or controlling investment; and
MAVCOM has the authority to consider and grant an individual exemption (under Section 51) or a block exemption (under Section 52) based on the reasons provided under Section 50 of the Malaysian Aviation Commission Act 2015:
- there are significant identifiable technological, efficiency or social benefits directly arising from the agreement;
- the benefits could not reasonably have been provided by the parties to the agreement without the agreement having the effect of preventing, restricting or distorting competition;
- the detrimental effect of the agreement on competition is proportionate to the benefits provided; and
- the agreement does not allow the enterprise concerned to eliminate competition completely in respect of a substantial part of the aviation services.
For more information, please refer to the Guidelines on Anti-Competitive Agreements.
Any application for an individual exemption or a block exemption shall be made in the form and manner prescribed in these respective documents:
Division 2, Part VII of the Malaysian Aviation Commission Act 2015