Industry / Competition / Guidelines and Competition Forms
Section 65 of the Malaysian Aviation Commission Act 2015 [Act 771] provides MAVCOM with the power to issue and publish guidelines as may be expedient or necessary for the better carrying out of the provisions of Part VII (Competition) of Act 771.
Guidelines that have been issued and published by MAVCOM are:
- Guidelines on Aviation Service Market Definition
- Guidelines on Anti-Competitive Agreements
- Guidelines on Abuse of Dominant Position
- Guidelines on Substantive Assessment of Mergers
- Guidelines on Notification and Application Procedure for an Anticipated Merger or a Merger
- Guidelines on the Determination of Financial Penalties
- Guidelines on Leniency Regime
These Guidelines are explanatory in nature, and supplement Part VII (Competition) of the Malaysian Aviation Commission Act 2015. The considerations or factors to be considered by MAVCOM in implementing Part VII (Competition) of the Act as provided in the Guidelines are not exhaustive, and the examples are for illustrative purposes only. These Guidelines are living documents, and MAVCOM will be revising the Guidelines from time to time.
Any application or complaint under Part VII (Competition) of Act 771 shall be made in the form and manner as prescribed in the respective documents:
- Application Form for an Individual Exemption
- Application Form for a Block Exemption
- Notification and Application Form for An Anticipated Merger or A Merger
- Complaint Form
- Application Form for Leniency
The list of MAVCOM’s competition-related decisions can be referred to here.